The Southern Region Committee organises tournaments and conducts fundraising efforts to expand the reach of the sport across Southern QLD, with activities at various sites during the season.
Calling All Budding Water Ski Coaches
Being part of our great sport, It is our responsibility to ensure we pass the handle to the next generation of waterskiers.
Water Ski Queensland will be hosting a coaching course on Saturday the 16th of September 2023 in Brisbane.
EVERYONE is welcome. We do have limited spaces for the course and this course will enable you to help in bringing through the next crop of champions.
To apply simply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest
- Enroll and complete the Community Coaching Essential Skills course. https://www.sportaus.gov.au/coaching/course
- Be at the course on time on the 16th ready to learn
Water Ski Queensland Coaching Course
- Facilitator’s are Marty Percell and Denni Goodchild
- 10am to 4pm Saturday 16/09/2023
- Location is Narangba Ranger Football Club. Williamina Court, Narangba Queensland 4504
- Cost = Nil
- Lunch Supplied/Sandwiches ect
- 16 years and older, or 15 but you can’t get the accreditation until you’re 16yo
- First aid required (Can be acquired at a later date)
- Online Coaching Course to be completed. Australian Sport and Recreation
WSQ Southern Region Calender 2023/24
Round 1 – 23rd/24th September, OzSki Resort, L class 3 event
Round 2 – 21st/22nd October, Kurwongbah, N class 1 event
Round 3 – 18th/19th November, Helidon, L class 3 event
Round 4 – 16th/17th December, OzSki Christmas Cup, L class 3 event
Round 5 – 27th/28th January, Isis Ski Gardens, L class 3 event
Round 6 – 24th/25th February, Goondiwindi, L class 3 event
Summer Swerves at Kurwongbah, N class Slalom Tournaments
Rnd 1 – 9th December
Rnd 2 – 10th February
Rnd 3 – 16th March
QLD State Titles – April 26th – 28th hosted by Northern Region
Other Events of Interest:
Junior Masters @ Latrobe Valley – 20th/21st January
Aussie Masters @ Bridgewater – 27th/28th January
Oz Kiwi @ New Zealand – 15th – 18th February
Moomba Masters – 7th – 11th March
Nationals @ Mulwala – 28th March to 1st April
Water Ski Clubs
How to Enter a Tournament
Keep an eye on our socials and/or subscribe to our mailing list to be advised of any upcoming tournaments. Details will be sent out approximately two weeks prior to the tournament, including the location, food, facilities and any accommodation options (when relevant). It will also include a link to a Trybooking event for purchasing tickets.
Purchase your tickets in Trybooking for each event you would like to participate in (slalom, trick or jump).
Typically, further details will be provided just before the event, including the running order for skiers and the start time.
Expect a skier briefing on the first day of the event. During the briefing, the Tournament Director will provide a thorough walkthrough of the weekend. Any specific information for the ski site and any other health and safety information you need to know will be provided.
If you have any questions over the weekend you can ask the Tournament Director or a member of the Waterski QLD team.